The safety and wellbeing of our customers, retailers, contractors, staff and local community is our highest priority. As countries around the world, including ours, continue to respond to the unprecedented coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we’re monitoring the situation very closely and have already put in place a number of measures to ensure the health and safety of all within our centre.
We continue to closely monitor the latest advice from health authorities including the Chief Medical Officer, Australian & State Government Departments of Health. We are also communicating with Kate Washington State Member and Meryl Swanson Federal Member receiving updates on government led initiatives.
Actions we have taken
- We have increased and strengthened our already stringent cleaning
- We have increased hours before and after trade to allow our cleaners to dedicate time to sanitizing the Centre.
- High traffic touch points (handrails, doors, tables, chairs, lift buttons etc) will receive extra attention throughout the day.
- Bins and benches are also deemed to be high traffic areas and will be closely monitored.
- We have increased the time and level of detail in the amenities, parents room and common mall area.
- And, where possible we will keep doors open to avoid additional unnecessary contact.
- We have displayed NSW Health Department health signage throughout the centre regarding hygiene for our customers, our retailers and our staff and suppliers through our LCD & LED screens.
- And, we have placed NSW Health Department posters within all amenities which provide information on the ‘Protect yourself from virus’ campaign as well as ‘Practice simple hygiene by washing hands regularly’.
- We continue to work closely with our retailers to ensure that we are all doing our part in keeping our shared environments up to date with new information and advice from the relevant authorities.
- The MarketPlace Team has made the proactive decision to postpone our up and coming events including our regular VIP Members Draw each Thursday evening. We will reschedule these events at a later date, and we will keep you updated through our website, eNewsletter and Facebook. We are very sorry this has had to happen but it’s important that we act responsibly.
Some of our retailers may reduce their trading hours and we do ask for your support and understanding.
Retailers are working very hard to maintain stock levels as best as they can, and we thank you for your patience and support to them.
We also note that our retailers within our centre are mums, dads, daughters and sons and they are doing their very best under very trying times. They cannot control the stock levels that their store receives, but they are doing their best to provide what they can, when they can.
What can you do to make a difference?
- Please continue to shop locally and support local business.
- Be extra vigilant with personal hygiene during this time, including washing hands regularly and avoid contact with others that are unwell.
- When shopping, you may wish to use sanitizer wipes supplied by stores or carry your own.
- Look to pay with debit or credit card were possible.
We will continue to monitor the evolving situation and advice of the Government Departments of Health, and we will update you, our valued customer as soon as we are made aware.
From the Centre Owners, Management Team and Retailers, we thank you for your continued support during this time and we know we will get through this together.